Search This Blog

Thursday 24 September 2009

Revelation Rock



The weather forecast got better and better, and by the time Wednesday came round it was looking good out west. I fancied another go at Gimmer, but the wind was blustery in the valley so Norm's Raven recommendation was spot on. I got lucky and won the toss for the lead on Centipede, which meant I also got P3 which was delightful.

Over lunch we watched a youth make easy work of what looked a hard route (Revelation, below). Above pics are of Centipede, third pitch.

So I gave myself a good talking to,
and Norm
was up for it,
so away we went.
Steep in places, but good holds and immaculate protection, marvellous. Norm led P1 in fine style. The second pitch was my go, filled it full of gear, and in return it filled me full of fizz... used all 14 quickdraws/slings in the 38 metres. By then the clouds were sinking and could feel the threat of imminent precipitation, so we bailed out to the bar at the ODG. Just in time - it tipped it down... felt sorry for those still busy up there.

No comments: